This recipe has become a fast favorite. I often make quinoa bowls with the same ingredients and this is a tasty take on some favorite flavors. Recipe inspired by Oh She Glows.
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill
2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water
1-1 1/2 cups finely chopped kale
1/2 cup oat flour, brown rice flour or almond meal
1/2 cup grated sweet potato
1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely diced onion or scallions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar, balsamic etc)
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour or your favorite GF four (or regular all-purpose flour for a non-GF version)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or so to thicken.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, including the flax mixture and the 1.5 cups cooked quinoa. Stir well until the mixture comes together.
- Shape mixture into 1/4-cup patties with wet hands. Pack tightly so they hold together. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully flip patties, and bake for another 8-10 minutes until browned and firm.
Serve drizzled with Lemon Tahini sauce.