Inspired by the Minimalist Baker, I’ve been making this sriracha aioli to put over my grilled + roasted veggies this summer. It’s sure to stay in the rotation this winter.
Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a high speed blender, soak the cashews for 2 hours (or overnight) to soften. You can sub cashews for another nut or seed though measurements may need to be adjusted.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (also works with sunflower seeds or other nuts)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup water (add more if it needs thinning)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (lemon works in a pinch too)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sriracha (or other hot sauce), plus more to taste
- Pinch each chili powder, smoked paprika, and ground cumin
Garlicky magic sauce!