I’ve only made some teeny changes to this magical muffin recipe by My Darling Vegan for my own preferences for a slightly less sweet treat. Definitely check her site for more amazing recipes! One recipe makes 12 muffins. I doubled this recipe and filled the tins to the top for big fat bakery style muffins.
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon extract for even more lemony taste
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups or spray with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk soy or almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
- In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add soymilk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps are okay. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.