- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons Earth Balance butter sticks, softened or Miyoko’s vegan butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed meal + 6 Tbsp water (I recommend BRM golden flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or sub GF flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) I use BRM extra thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy. Add flax mixture and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and dried fruit, seeds and chocolate chips and mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.